Thursday, December 11, 2008

This week's comic purchases

My dog woke me out of a sound sleep at 4:45am because he needed to go out and now I'm wide awake. I figure what better time than to post a blog entry?

This was a pretty light week for me. Weeks like this used to bother me because I wouldn't have a lot of stuff to read, but with the price of comics these days, I'm happy to come away spending less than $20.

*ECHO #8 (Abstract Studios)
CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI 13 #8 (Marvel)
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #27 (DC)
*PUNISHER WAR ZONE #1 (OF 6) (Marvel)
*SECRET INVASION DARK REIGN (Marvel)

*to be discussed on the next episode

Other books I read this week were The Ultimates Vol. 2 hardcover collection and both Young Avengers' trade paperbacks. We briefly mentioned the Young Avengers on the last episode which spurred my interest in rereading the short-lived series. I had forgotten how well crafted it was. When I see Jim Cheung's art it makes me sad that he's not currently doing a monthly book. If you've never read YA, it's well worth the time to seek out the two collections (or one hardcover collection) and treat yourself to a great comic book series.

-Dan

No comments: