Monday, January 3, 2011

Falling Skies - The next American Revolution?

I'm not sure how I missed this when it was announced at the 2010 San Diego Comic Con, but I just recently watched the trailer for TNT's new summer series, Falling Skies.



The series doesn't debut until June, but Dark Horse Comics has already been hard at work on a webcomic, written by Paul Tobin and art by Juan Ferreyra.

From what I've seen of the trailer and the webcomic, this looks like it could have some potential, working with the post-apocalyptic/fight-for-survival formula that was very popular with AMC's The Walking Dead.

Also, I couldn't help but be reminded of Oni Press' post-alien invasion comic book, Resurrection. It's an excellent series, also reminiscent of The Walking Dead, but the story shows a wider range of characters.






No comments: